Thursday, July 10, 2014

 
 


This was one of my favorite days ever. A horde of some of my best friends spent the entire day at the lake and I recall a distinct warm feeling that began growing somewhere around the middle of my stomach at the beginning of the day. By the time the sun began its slow setting spell, I heard the mix Erika was making on the spot, smelled the syrupy air melting with the American Spirits, talked endlessly with my favorite people and found myself within and without, all of us wrapped up in the pure, penetrating gold of summer. I was intoxicated with those hot summer vibes.

And at the end of the day, after dark, we all jumped into the lake, some of us in swimsuits, some in clothes, some only in boxers, Band on the Run playing from the boat, the water mild, magic, and the color of a million midnight summer skies.

-RAY

No comments:

Post a Comment