Saturday, July 26, 2014








"And I told them things they'd never heard. The buffalo, I told them. The bison. It was worth it. I don't care. I was in a pure fever and I was alive. It doesn't matter if being so alive kills a man; it's better to have the quick fever every time."
-Ray Bradbury, Dandelion Wine

"The unused fireworks from 4th of July exploding into the deep blue night weeks after hold more power than I can express. The earth stalls to a slow, dreamy cycle when fireworks erupt, causing the faces to burn with pink and blue as I remember everything and nothing. The midsummer blues is different than any other blues because it makes me nostalgic for something I have right in front of me, it drives me to fully drink from summer's cup because I'm scared nothing will be as precious as this. I'm scared my heart won't feel like it's full to bursting after the sun no longer burns hot and endless, when my friends and I no longer drip from sweat after skating for hours, when the earth no longer grows green and exotic like the tropics. I'm terrified I won't feel as full of life after summer's gone. But I've learned that if you shake off the burdens, if you run and dance like a wild Indian, if you love fully, letting it show in everything you do, if you always look at the sunset and the stars and the moon, if you let your heart slow and almost stop as you admire the people and places you love most in this world, and all of this with no inhibitions, then surely summer will be eternal."
-WE CAN'T LET SUMMER DIE, Rachel Bushong /  July 26, 2014

-RAY

No comments:

Post a Comment