Sunday, November 25, 2012

"Don't get stuck. Move, travel, take a class, take a risk. There is a season for wildness and a season for settledness, and this is neither. This season is about becoming. Don't lose yourself at happy hour, but don't lose yourself on the corporate ladder either. Stop every once in a while and go out to coffee or climb in bed with your journal. Now is your time. Walk closely with people you love. Don't get stuck in the past, and don't try to fast-forward yourself into a future you haven't earned. Give today all the love and intensity and courage you can, and keep traveling honestly along life's path."
-Street Smarts: A Learning Process

My time has been consumed by many things lately. Mostly the glorious arrival of the holiday season which brings an inexpressible amount of joy to my heart. I visited Chicago over the weekend which was so overwhelmingly invigorating. Being in the city fits me like a glove and there's something even more inviting there during Christmastime. For now, I've got the Christmas radio station going non stop in my room and my family has pulled the Christmas decorations down from the attic in a grand procession. So I'm off to help Christmas truly begin in my house.

{photos and illustration by me}

1 comment:

  1. Advance merry Christmas to you and your family! I miss preparing decors for Christmas! We haven't put up our tree yet! :)

    P.S. I love the quote. I am writing it down in my journal to remind me every time. :)

    ReplyDelete