Thursday, December 8, 2011

Painted candy canes♥

"The first fall of snow is not only an event, but it is a magical event. You go to bed in one kind of world and wake up to find yourself in another quite different, and if this is not an enchantment, then where is it to be found?"
-J.B. Priestley
"Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire: it is the time for home." 
-Edith Sitwell

"In a way, Winter is the real Spring, the time when the inner things happen, the resurgence of nature."
-Edna O'Brien

Currently my days are quite leisurely. Late at night I paint Winter scenes by our beautiful Christmas tree, watch Christmas films with my family, or, as you find me tonight, home alone just me and my cat cutting out paper snowflakes to hang from my ceiling while watching Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince and journaling.
The next couple weeks leading closer to wonderful Christmas day will be busier getting shopping done, spending time with my brilliant friends now that everyone's going to be on break, and enjoying the season. So for now I am relishing these lazy days when I can listen to good music and read good books (The Great Gatsby!) and journal my thoughts that feel so inspired.


This weekend my cousins and I will be having our annual cookie bake at my grandma's house that is exceptionally cosy this time of year and we will also be watching White Christmas late at night. It shall be absolutely wonderful. 
The Nutcracker was completely and utterly magical last Friday. 
♥♥♥
xxx,
Tuney Potter

P.S.-Listening to this, adoring anything with sparkles, and missing this wonderful place.

3 comments:

  1. I adore your blog. Just came across it. Can't wait for more.... Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i love the white color on the black blouse...gorgeous post! follow each other? xo ellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a lovely post.
    Have a wonderful time baking.


    LOVE!

    ReplyDelete