Thursday, April 24, 2014







My 18th birthday party last Friday was pretty impromptu which made it all the more enchanting. At sunset Erika and I made the most triumphant campfire, a bunch of my friends showed up at dusk, and we ordered a crap ton of pizza. People stayed till 2 or 3 in the morning and I'm not exactly sure what we did to fill that time but it was beautiful. We shared stories and laughed till it hurt around the fire listening to An Awesome Wave and Oracular Spectacular while above us the stars burned clear and bright through the trees. My sister bought an 80 pack of birthday candles and it took about seven of us to get them lit, but once lit we turned off the lights and the glow of the candlelight was on everyone's gorgeous faces.
I felt like one special 18 year old kid that night.

-RAY

No comments:

Post a Comment