Wednesday, August 28, 2013



At times, all the summer nights tend to blend together in a humid haze. But there are some that stick out in my brain as vividly as a burning sunset. Like the Monday night I took these two photos. I had been at a friend's house all weekend and was exhausted by the time I came home. But it was a soft evening and I was enchanted as a torrential downpour of rain soothed the hot earth while I ran outside in the midst of it. My sister and I watched Ferris Bueller's Day Off that night and I made a bounty of hot, melty popcorn and it was a great combination of my favorite things - Ferris Bueller, popcorn, a summer rain and my sister. When Autumn overtakes us all in its cozy, sweater-weather warmth, even then I know I will miss the summer nights like this.

-RAY

[All photos taken by me.]

No comments:

Post a Comment