Sunday, December 30, 2012

 I really dig Winter. Snow has covered the earth. And I wear my denim jacket almost daily. Basically I can't stop thinking about what I want to do in 2013. More than anything I keep thinking about a road trip where everyone could be young, wild and free as the west coast air would drench the face and mind. There's a difference between simply not being able to make the best of things where you are, and truly needing to see and do new things in undiscovered places. The latter is how I've been feeling lately. 
I am truly looking forward to 2013, as I look forward to every year. It makes me incredibly excited when I think of all the unrevealed opportunities of the new year. Reading Bob Dylan's autobiography as this year closes is incredibly inspiring. The magnetic way he describes his life in New York City makes me want to jump on a bus right now and move into some shabby apartment in Greenwich Village, going to concerts every other night.
But being here, right now, I do love the way things are and I'm incredibly thankful for the ones around me who I'd just about die without.
Cheers to 2013!

{New York nighttime photo by Grayson Vaughan}

No comments:

Post a Comment