Friday, December 30, 2011

Coffee & cigarettes & Woody Allen to tie the year up.

"And by the way, everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt."
-Sylvia Plath
"The world is but a canvas to our imaginations."
-Henry David Thoreau

"The world needs dreamers and the worlds needs doers. But above all, the world needs dreamers who do."
-Sarah Ban Breathnach

"That's who you really like. The people you can think out loud in front of."
-John Green

I write this extremely late at night listening to this wondrous song that completely describes the mood I get as this utterly beyond perfect year draws to a close. I feel sad and melancholy to see this wonderful year go. It was so full of growth and changes and love and appreciation for everything around me. I travelled to New York and gained confidence and determination for my aspirations and my dreams utterly flourished. Friendships and bonds that can never be broken were woven this year. The Lord was continually pouring out blessings and I am so thankful for His grace and mercy and love.
This month, I've wanted nothing more than to do what I did Wednesday night and be surrounded by brilliant friends with nothing better to do than drink coffee and watch Woody Allen films. Or, on late nights like this, to stay up until I cannot stay awake any longer journaling and sketching and jotting down inspirational quotes while watching Harry Potter. It seems that this is what you desire most of all to do all year. This time of year you realize it more though: that the ordinary things aren't so ordinary but magical and beautiful and the most enjoyable.
Yet still that wanderlust is forever in my heart and I look forward to what this next year shall bring and what adventures and travels and changes. It's impending but beautiful and I am beyond excited.

"Living is like tearing through a museum. Not until later do you really start absorbing what you saw, thinking about it, looking it up in a book, and remembering - because you can't take it all in at once."
-Audrey Hepburn

Today, New Year's Eve, we're hosting a brilliant party with wonderful friends where we shall dance to Toro Y Moi, Jackson Five, and Foster the People and reel in the new year loving each other's company.
This year has been magical bliss. 
Cheers to the new year of 2012, darlings!
xxx,
Tuney Potter

6 comments:

  1. There is always a slight sadness at the end of a year, but I am feeling very excited about 2012! <3 I hope it is wonderful for you!

    x
    Lost in the Haze: Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a lovely way to ring in the brand-sparkling-new year.
    Lovely song, by the way, I followed your link and am listening to it now.
    And of course, may 2012 be bright and magical and full of new memories for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds so dreamy...hope it was a most enjoyable evening. Let 2012 in....cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy new year my dear. You don't know how much these quotes and photos make me smile. I'm glad you had a wonderful year.
    I wish you a lovely 2012.


    LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 2012! I like the Sylvia Plath quote, especially since I just bought a book of her poems.

    ReplyDelete